CAN YOU GUESS WHICH ARE HIGH AND LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX FOODS?
Here's a list of high and low glycemic foods, to give you an idea of what to reach for, what to avoid, and what small replacements you can make for a big change!
HIGH GLYCEMIC INDEX: LOW GLYCEMIC INDEX:
- Sugar - Agave nectar
- Honey - Stevia
- Syrups - Xylitol
- White Flour - Dark chocolate (over 70%)
- White Rice - Mixed wholegrains
- Rice Cakes - Basmati and Thai rice
- Potatoes (especially mashed ones) - Al dente pasta and noodles
- Cornflakes - Oats, millet, buckwheat
- Jams and Jellies - Quinoa
- Fruit in syrup - Natural fruit
- Cooked fruit in sugar
- Sweetened drinks
- Fruit juices